Sorry about the crummy and poorly written update, but since people keep asking me:
- Hardwood floors are in and don't stink so much any more from the finishing (it was really bad for a week or so)
- Tile floors are started, but the decorative tile bit is apparently slow-going. No ETA.
- Still no baseboards, but they'll happen after the tile is done.
- I still want to do one more coat on the laundry room but ugh, so tired of it all.
- Still some touch-ups where we got wall paint on the ceiling but I need John for some of them so they'll keep 'till after he's back.
- I think we're probably hiring pros for the rest. Definitely for the tall parts, but we've been so wiped out lately that I think paying pros is the right compromise.
- Unpacking has started, but it's slow because I can't carry that much on my own and we don't want to put up all the shelving until the baseboards are in.
- There's still a *lot* of cleanup needed from the construction and reno; there's drywall and sawdust everywhere and tape and paint buckets and ladders in random locations around the house.
I'm without support this week to deal with cleanup and minor unpacking. Let's be honest, I was without very much support last week too because he had demos to prep, and the week before that because he was getting artemis ready, and there was the week where J's parents were visiting (which was a nice break!) and there was some travel before that too. J's doing the best he can given his travel schedule but between his travel and mine we're looking at only a handful of days of overlap where we're both in the same city for all of October.
We got some living room furniture up while we were both here so I can sit and read in my big comfy chair, and that's nice. And now when I clean things they don't immediately get covered in sawdust or drywall, which is an amazing luxury that has not been true for all of September and some of August. Hopefully we'll be able to find a new cleaning service, but there's not much point at the moment.
I did get my desktop up and running so I can play video games for some escapism. Still haven't found most of the cables or my keyboard and mouse, so it's kind of cobbled together and has no sound, but we made do last night.
Did some digital cleanup today too. Reviewed a couple of ebooks
that I won't repost here because frankly, they were both in need of editing (The down side to getting free books off the internet in exchange for fair review, I guess), but you can read them at that link if deeply flawed larpers and psycho-magical crime-fighting lesbian vs lovecraftian horrors are your kind of thing. You'll be disappointed, though; I was. Answered some emails that had been sitting in my inbox; if you were expecting an answer from me on the subject of something or other, re-send because I'm pretty sure I answered anything that still needed answering but I might have been heavy-handed with the archive button. Declined some job interview related requests. Unsubscribed from a lot of mailing lists, probably should unsubscribe from more since I'm not really reading them.
I've got a bunch of of posts I need to write and queue up on my maker blog, but not sure if I'll get started on those tonight. Want to hit up the farmer's market and I'm betting once I'm outside coming back in to sit at a computer for hours won't seem so appealing!